Federal standards define lead-based paint as any paint or surface coatings that contain lead equal to or in excess of 1.0 milligrams per square centimeter or more than 0.5 percent by weight.
In 1978 lead paint was banned for residential use. That means homes built in 1978 could still have lead-based paint, because existing supplies of paint containing lead would still have been available. Contact us today.
HEALTH RISKS OF LEAD
- Very hazardous to children
- Damages the brain and central nervous system; can cause decreased intelligence, reading and learning difficulties, behavioral problems, and hyperactivity.
- The damages caused can be irreversible, affecting children for the rest of their lives.
- Hazardous to pregnant women.
- Lead can be passed from the mother to the baby while still in the womb which could cause Premature births, brain damage, low birth weight, even miscarriages.
- Causes many more health effects on adults and children.
With all the possible health effects from even 1 gram of lead, why risk hiring a contractor that isn’t certified?
Here at Central Restoration we have trained and certified lead renovators. Whether its testing or abatement our staff is trained and we are certified through the state of Michigan to keep you and your family safe.